The Department of Languages and Literatures offers the following undergraduate programs: majors and minors in French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish; minors in Classics, Japanese, and Chinese; beginning levels of study in Hebrew and Arabic. Study of Greek is also available on an individual basis.
- Teaching 1-2 classes per quarter, grading assignments, holding office hours, meeting with students, occasional staff meetings
- Teaching classes
- Grade assigned work
- Hold office hours and meet with students and supervisors as necessary
Work Schedule: Varies
- MA in German or closely related field
- Experience teaching at the college level
- Fluency in German and English
- Experience teaching elementary and/or intermediate levels
- PhD or ABD status in German or closely related field
- 2 years of teaching at the university level
Special instructions to applicants:
Please include a cover letter, resume, two letters of reference, and complete the online application at www.dujobs.org (or via the link below). Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click "New Resume/CV" at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Letters of recommendation can be emailed to Gabi.Kathoefer@du.edu or mailed to the Languages and Literatures Department (c/o Victor Castellani, Chair, Department of Languages and Literatures, 2000 East Asbury, Sturm Hall 391, University of Denver, Denver, CO 80208-0931).
Please contact Gabi Kathoefer, Associate Professor of German- Gabi.Kathoefer@du.edu , with any questions about the position.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Let us know what you think! Connect with us @C_LaCross