Dalian Polytechnic University (DPU) is actively recruiting English tutors to teach on their collaborative programmes in Fashion Design and Graphic Arts. DPU has an established collaboration of six years with the University of Southampton, UK (Winchester School of Art). Successful applicants would teach on the University of Southampton degree programmes and would be expected to start in mid to late August 2016.
Duties at DPU will include:
- Teaching customized EAP courses to undergraduate Fashion and Graphic Design students.
- Conducting assessment and reporting results.
- Designing and adapting course materials.
- Working with a well-established team to develop and deliver a consistent curriculum.
- Promoting use of English through extracurricular activities.
- University degree (Education - or language-related degrees preferred)
- Recognised TEFL-qualification (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
- Two years' teaching experience. (Preferably in third-level education)
- salary package of 8,000-11,000 CNY (Chinese Yuan Renminbi) per month (depending on experience and qualifications). Salary is for full 12 months including holidays.
- opportunity for enhanced salary package after one year
- free accommodation in own apartment
- two free flights home each calendar year
- extensive paid winter holiday (early January to late February)
- assistance with securing work visa for China
Applicants should contact English Module Leader, Michael Farrelly at Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and a reference from recent employment
Let us know what you think!