OPENING FACULTY POSITION AT THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION - UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES
The School of Education at Universidad de los Andes (1st in Colombia, and 5th in Latin-America according to QS University Rankings), invites applications for a full-time position as Assistant or Associate Professor with exclusive dedication, beginning August 2016 or January 2017.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
• Develop research and/or intervention projects in his/her area of expertise and procure external funding.
• Teach at undergraduate and graduate levels and in extension programs.
• Participate in the activities and institutional development of the School and the University.
Further information about the Universidad de los Andes and the School of Education can be found at the following links uniandes.edu.co/component/content/article/656-about-uniandes and educacion.uniandes.edu.co .
1. Doctoral degree in education or related areas (completed by August 2016 / January 2017).
2. Experience in high quality research and publications in scientific journals.
3. Teaching experience (desirable, although not a requirement).
4. Candidates with training or experience in one of the following areas will be preferred:
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Education Management and Public Policy
- Education for Bilingualism
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics -STEM Education
- Education and Information and Communications Technology –ICT
- Citizenship Education
- Early Childhood Education
The School of Education is interested in hiring candidates in the category of Assistant or Associate Professor. A formal process based on the candidate’s qualifications and according to university
regulations will determine the salary and the specific category of the successful candidate. Salaries and benefits are competitive in the Colombian context.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer in the email: OPENING
FACULTY POSITION 01-2016.
1. Curriculum vitae or Resume
2. Copy of relevant publications
3. Certifications of experience in research projects
4. Letters of recommendation and contact information of two academic references
5. A three-page (maximum) essay detailing possible contributions to the School of Education at Universidad de los Andes based on the applicant’s academic trajectory, research and professional interests
6. A course syllabus in the candidate’s area of expertise fitting the undergraduate or graduate programs in education. Information about our programs can be found here:
The selection committee includes three full or associate professors at the School of Education, the Dean, and a full or associate professor from another School.
The committee will ask short-listed candidates to:
• Deliver a public presentation about their research and academic perspectives to an audience of students and professors of the School of Education.
• Teach a class in the candidate’s area of expertise to an audience of students and professors of the School of Education.
The School of Education may declare the call null and void, or keep it open until a person meeting the requirements for the position is identified.
July 15th, 2016, 11:59pm (local time).
Incomplete documents or documents delivered after the deadline will not be considered.
Let us know what you think!