College/Management Unit: UCD College of Social Sciences and Law
Post Duration: Temporary half time for one year commencing September 1st 2016
Grade: Lecturer/Assistant Professor
Reports to: Head of School
HR Administrator: Caroline Murph /Aoife Casey
The School of Education at University College Dublin seeks to appoint a temporary half time College Lecturer in Inclusive Education. The duration of the appointment is one year, beginning September 1st 2016 and ending on August 31st 2017. The appointee will be expected to support professional placement, teaching and research support for our specialist diploma and master level programmes in additional support needs/inclusive education and contribute to further strategic development in the area across the School.
Lecturer/Assistant Professor (above the bar) Salary Scale: €50,807 - €76,936 per annum. Appointment will be made on scale and in accordance with the Department of Finance guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support placement supervision on the Graduate Diploma in SEN
- Lecturing across the range of our other post graduate programmes
- Support wider developments in the provision of new programmes in inclusive education
- Supervise and mentor master level students in the completion of their research
- Undertake administrative duties as required by head of School
- Participate in the scholarly activities of the School
- Undertake other activities as assigned by the head of school
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
- PhD in Education or relevant cognate discipline
- Evidence of a commitment to teaching
- Evidence of potential to undertake academic administrative work
- Evidence of commitment to research in education
- Ability to design and teach new modules/programme
- Experience of on-line teaching
- Evidence of commitment to publication in peer reviewed academic outlets
- Evidence of other scholarly activity
The University: http://ww.ucd.ie/aboutucd.htmThe College: http://www.ucd.ie/collegesandschools/socialscienceslaw/The School: http://www.ucd.ie/education/The UCD Strategy for Research, Innovation and Impact 2015-2020: http://www.ucd.ie/innovation/aboutus/ucdstrategyforresearchinnovationandimpact/
Relocation Expenses will not apply and Garda Vetting will not be required
Informal Enquiries only to:
Dr Dympna Devine
Head of School
00353 (0)1 7167986
Let us know what you think!